Skip to main content

eternal relationship...



Looking at the Scriptures in the compilation known as the "Holy Bible" we can find an answer to the question: How do we love the eternal being known as "GOD"?

Well, we must first believe that there is something larger than ourselves, an absolute truth that can be known, and that this book of books is the source. That's tough, because, in our ignorance, we simply say: "how do we know that someone didn't change it?" or "just a bunch of guys wrote that.." But do we really know what we are talking about? Have we ever investigated the source of scripture and the reliability thereof? We can know the truth about these issues, and from my personal experience the physical evidence proved overwhelming.

I think the Creator calls us by name and we can choose to ignore or we can choose to heed this supernatural yet intangible calling. I'm sure most reading this, if honest with themselves, would agree that this idea of GOD has imposed itself upon the soul at one time or another... I think some people choose to seek, genuinely seek, and still others do not want the rule maker to spoil their fun. "Religion" has thoroughly made the latter misconception of GOD's intentions abundantly available, that's why I for one take no comfort in "religion" which is "man's attempt to reach GOD on the basis of their own merit" whereas the ability to LOVE GOD is a relationship or rather: "GOD's attempt to reach us on HIS perfect merit and Love."

This idea of relationship is clearly pronounced throughout the Biblical accounts, ie: Abram's encounter as friend of GOD, Moses', David's, Elijah's, and especially when GOD came to live among us...this idea, having the implication of becoming frail like us, enduring all that we must endure, and loving the most unlovable among us...completely.

Like a child, we must show our love through our actions...This doesn't save us from condemnation that we constantly live in and shovel fuel into the fire thereof..
Only the work of living perfectly and providing a covering for our sin(imperfection)can afford us salvation, yet we fall far short. Nevertheless, as the Scriptures state, this Jesus (hebrew: Yeshua meaning savior) has accomplished this work, and not only that, but died to conquer death on our behalf. What work do we do to earn this love...none. We simply must believe this is the truth..not on blind faith, but the evidence that has been carried down for centuries enduring critic after critic and trial after trial, always able to overcome. Even today evidence of this freedom can be seen in the lives of transformed people, the people that one would assume on a humanistic level, have no chance for redemption!

Looking at the relationship I look at my son, when he does as I wish, he shows his respect for my wisdom for his life and this in turn shows his trust and love for me as his dad. (The wisdom I speak of is not a kingly all knowing wisdom that is to dictate his life, no it is wisdom that will keep him from harm to his physical body as well as his emotional well being.) He shows the most important aspect of our relationship, not the obeying of my rules *which are for his benefit*, but he as reveals his love for me in his trusting my hope for his life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal light...

Ibaraki_Kasugaoka. This Japanese Architect has constructed the perfect building, for me, in which to worship. My reasoning, is due to the reduction of religious iconography which leads to, well, religion. Since Yeshua didn't come to create a religion, I feel simplicity best suits worship of an unseen Creator. Though I would never want to reduce the importance of the work completed upon the cross, the symbol of my shame and at the same time the triumph of my Messiah. Furthermore, Yeshua speaks of how HE is the light of the world and came into this world to save, by way of the cross... This building, as a place to worship, complements singleness of though and focus, not on earthly objects, but the very light that is the symbol of life and a picture of Yeshua.

stages of teddy bear life

Artist Stephanie Metz does a wonderful service to life with this incredible idea. The stages of development from a teddy bears perspective, in which children, might gain an understanding of the miracle of life. What an imaginative way to simplify the goings on within the womb when life is being fearfully and wonderfully woven together. I'm looking for this set for my own children's education! I probably won't get the skull rendition of teddy bear, however, I also applaud a very seemingly original idea.

finite first day..

Malakai's first day of pre-preschool was one that I actually missed. I rendered this from a photo that the lovely misses took, and he seemed so melancholy...I may have exaggerated this emotion, but I hope I captured it. He happens to love school now.