Skip to main content

my pain was minimal in comparison...

The pain of giving blood was particularly elevated in this particular instance. The tourniquet was left on very tightly and the needle was inserted at an improper angle pulling at the vein and I hate needles. Nevertheless, I overcame and did what I could, with my blood hopefully helping or perhaps saving someone. Its interesting how our blood from our veins could impact the life of another human being... no matter the color, religion, age or personality of the person...only their blood type would matter.

I look at this example in our lives as such a personal way to give to another, and then I think of a Savior that did the same on a basis that transcended time and space. Many people look to Jesus as either a: Savior, good teacher, prophet, sage, inciter, liar or a lunatic. However, if we approach this man openly, willing to read and explore who He is, he speaks from centuries past. His voice is loud if not louder than any time in history, yet so many choose ignorance. Perhaps there are people in this world that would refuse the blood of a Jewish person, or perhaps a Hindu, Islamist or maybe a Black person.. for whatever reason, call it prejudice, hatred, or religion... to deny something that could save your life..

Its been said Jesus or by his Hebrew name, Yeshua, has paid it all... with his blood, and it holds no boundaries. His blood rights all wrongs and washes the soul to be without blemish, perfect. Yeshua speaks of Himself as the Lamb of God, whose sacrificed blood would, if we allow it, take away the imperfections or sins of the world...but He left that choice up to us... His word were if you believe in me and in what I've done to free you... you will be free...

Comments

Anonymous said…
To Sanctify... i got you brah. We do what we could to help save others. But thats all we can do, just help open the door. It is the person's choice if they choose to go through it. All we could do is leave the rest to Yeshua. BTW the new jon foreman album is awsome.

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal light...

Ibaraki_Kasugaoka. This Japanese Architect has constructed the perfect building, for me, in which to worship. My reasoning, is due to the reduction of religious iconography which leads to, well, religion. Since Yeshua didn't come to create a religion, I feel simplicity best suits worship of an unseen Creator. Though I would never want to reduce the importance of the work completed upon the cross, the symbol of my shame and at the same time the triumph of my Messiah. Furthermore, Yeshua speaks of how HE is the light of the world and came into this world to save, by way of the cross... This building, as a place to worship, complements singleness of though and focus, not on earthly objects, but the very light that is the symbol of life and a picture of Yeshua.

stages of teddy bear life

Artist Stephanie Metz does a wonderful service to life with this incredible idea. The stages of development from a teddy bears perspective, in which children, might gain an understanding of the miracle of life. What an imaginative way to simplify the goings on within the womb when life is being fearfully and wonderfully woven together. I'm looking for this set for my own children's education! I probably won't get the skull rendition of teddy bear, however, I also applaud a very seemingly original idea.

finite first day..

Malakai's first day of pre-preschool was one that I actually missed. I rendered this from a photo that the lovely misses took, and he seemed so melancholy...I may have exaggerated this emotion, but I hope I captured it. He happens to love school now.